copying .mdf files

Discussion in 'Software' started by spaff, Dec 12, 2007.

1. spaff

spaff Private E-2

sorry if this is in the wrong section but this seemed most suited

I have just recieved my 1TB mybook and its brilliant

but it wont let me transfer .mdf files or a power iso file

is there any way i can put them on my mybook rather than my hard drive just to save space for other things on my hard drive ?

forgot to say what happened.

when i try to send them it says there is not enough space they are like over 4GB but i have 900 GB of space left on it :S

please help

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  2. hegemon875

hegemon875 Private First Class

Convert the external HD to NTFS and you should be good.

"So, How to Convert FAT to NTFS?

Note: This solution will not affect any data stored in the partition while converting but I advice you to have a backup. And after you convert to NTFS, you cannot convert back to FAT.

Go to Command prompt (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt)
    Type the following in the command prompt
    Convert x: /fs:ntfs
    Where ‘X’ represents the drive which you want to covert.

In case if you want to convert the partition that is currently in use, you will not be able to convert and you can schedule the task when you restart the computer. This may be the scenario if you are trying to the convert the partition where your Windows is located."

3. spaff

spaff Private E-2

doesnt matter its done

thanks hegemon875

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds