Payment Gateway [PHP]

Discussion in 'Software' started by llama91, Mar 18, 2012.

1. llama91

llama91 Private E-2

Hey Geek's

I need a little bit of help and advice.

I'm attempting to build a payment gateway script, however this is the first time I've looked at it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

More specifically I need

• Where to start
    • Security measures
    • Implementation
    • What the script needs to do specifically
    • What the script requires from an input form to achieve it

The payment will be Visa, I'm not sure if that makes any changes but I think it probably should.

And if anyone would like to throw in any pointers regarding either pointers for my own shopping cart, or can direct me to one thats free to use that would be great.

Thanks for your time.
    Kind regards,
    Llama 91

2. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

The following is more for shopping cart systems in general.

Here's what I'd do:

* Where to start
    Look around to see what's available that you can use, and get advice, (like you are doing. ;) ) There are fairly recent suggestions here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=250465 There is also a pear package... http://pear.php.net/package/Payment_Process/
    * Security measures
    Find a service that knows how to handle these.
    * Implementation, and the rest of the items
    Follow the directions given by the service to install, configure, and use it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  3. llama91

llama91 Private E-2

Thanks for your input :)

I am taking a look around at whats available,
    Although, at the risk of attempting to be too adventurous I was hoping to make a custom script...

However, upon reading that other thread (thanks for that also btw) It may just be a better idea to implement one that has been created by someone with a better idea on the subject.

Do you know of any shopping carts or payment gateways you personally would vouch for?

Thanks,
    Llama91

4. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Sorry, but I don't know any I would personally vouch for. Maybe someone else will see this thread and suggest one...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds