Happy Birthday Sgt. Tibbs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joffa, Apr 9, 2014.

1. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Happy birthday Sgt. Tibbs :drink

I called past the cybershop and picked up a nice chocolate cake :-D

[​IMG]

and I thought some nice bubbles :drink

[​IMG]

Hope you have a great day with family and friends :drink

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Happy bday :)

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Happy B'day!!!! ;)

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Happy Birthday, Beth! :)

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

A day early, even...thank you! :-D

I did my party last night so I could have the good bartender. There was cake. So much cake. Milky Way Cake. And the guy made me a keepsake box for my jewelry that doesn't fit in the matching jewelry box he made me last year (they're both black walnut).

Attached Files:

6. joffa

Yep that's the International Dateline for you ;)

Nice looking jewelry boxes :-D
    Your guy must be quite handy :cool

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Happy early birfday?!! :-D:-D

Wood finish looks great!

8. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Happy birthday, Sarge! :wine:dancer
    Cheers..

9. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

I'm a day late! Happy belated birthday :)

Attached Files:

10. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Thank you all! You're not late at all, Speculant, it's today. :-D I'm celebrating by going to see the LEGO Movie (again) with my niece and her kids. I was originally going to go by myself. The trouble with throwing my party two days early is everyone is done now, and now it's actually the day.

The guy is pretty handy! He's been restoring and making furniture and stuff since he was a kid, and has had his own business doing it for the last ten or so years. In addition to the two jewelry boxes, I also have a really cool pair of mahogany candle holders he made me for Christmas. Everything he makes me is unique; either he'll change what wood he uses (mine are the only black walnut jewelry boxes) or he'll change the style slightly (the other candle holders have thinner swirls closer together). :heart

Attached Files:

11. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Happy Birthday Sgt Tibbs!! :) Have a lovely day!

12. joffa

Oh wow!! Those candleholders are beautiful :cool :-D
    Really great quality work and I bet he is really proud of how they turned out :-D
    Over here it is not so easy to find quality woodwork items as it is becoming a lost skill. Everything is now mass produced by machines in Asia at the lowest possible price and it is made from who knows what :(

13. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

He has an entire basement full of scraps and castoff wood of various kinds...tons of mahogany he rescued from his dad's house (his dad was using it for firewood of all things), and lord only knows what else down there. He does use machines for some of it, but it's all hand assembled and a lot of the detail work is hand done. He also pays close attention to grain and makes patterns where possible. I met him about a month before my birthday last year and he came up with the jewelry box with the doors (which he'd never made before, mine was the first), and now every present-giving occasion I get all excited wondering what I'll end up with. LOL

Tonight I ended up celebrating by going to see the LEGO Movie with my niece and her kids. Third time for me, second for her, first for the kids. It was awesome! :-D

14. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a great birthday, Beth. :)

Those candle holders are really very beautiful. I absolutely love wood art. People know that, so I have a number of great carved wood bowls and trays...none that anyone has personally made me though, so I'm kind of jealous. LOL

(I just scrolled up and saw the other things he's made you as well....also most beautiful :))

15. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ahhh hell missed this and Beth hope you had a great day. LEGO movie sounded great not seen it yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds