I Ask The Forum's Forgiveness Please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avondude, Apr 10, 2014.

1. avondude

avondude Senior Member, 25% Off All Posts

I got a little impatient yesterday and wrote for help concerning MSE and it's bad interaction with the Action Center. I wrote for help. Got frustrated with this intermittent problem and before anyone could help me I just switched from MSE to Panda. Always wanted to try it anyway. Just wanted to apologize for my snarky impatience and hope I did not offend anyone. Thanks.

Dave

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Drop and give us twenty!!! :major

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Bucks?

:-D

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

The boys may be able to forgive you, but I'm not so sure...I may hold a grudge.

:-D

Seriously though...I think you need to work on your snark if I was reading the right thread. LOL

5. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

Context

Dave,
    stop making guys like me look bad by apologizing for "bad" behavior
    you made .05 posts a day and l piss people off and I make 7x more posts than you and teeter on being banned:confused
    Just put your issue into context man and don't worry so much the MG's are used to much worse and can handle it all(just be thankful for them, as I am)
    [​IMG]

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Dave it happens and its a BIG person to come out these days and say sorry!

So good on you for doing so, speaks volumes. LMAO on Laura's post BTW.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You got frustrated with a Microsoft product and gave up?

That's promotion time!

8. DavidGP

I have to add if you where using XP and MSE and its demise and looking for a new AV then I too have done the same for a friend this week and looked at Panda as I know its cloud based AV is good, sadly the criteria was a not so heavy internet based app as they use a 3G dongle so internet is limited bandwidth.

So settled on Avira Free.

9. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

For the record I like MSE and use it on all my machines now, used AVG and Avir for a long time but I'm not happy with their privacy policies anymore.

10. DavidGP

I'm like you Rikky I like MSE but on some PCs it does not play well, maybe left over old components of other AVs or system setup, but seems for XP its now defunct although I read the OPs original post and its for Win7 so still installable.

AVG and AVAST nag too much I find these days to upgrade to pro paid for me to suggest them.

11. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I used and loved avast for years but then one day, it had ALL my files on the PC flagged as bad. I knew this wasn't so. Luckily, it didn't decide to take it upon itself to try and blast everything away, so I uninstalled it and opted for MSSE instead. I like it!

12. TimW

Sadly, after doing a long overdue update, MSE is no longer supported on XP. Yes, we still have an XP machine. So, uninstalled and downloaded Avast.

13. avondude

David---What the heck is a dongle? A 3G dongle. Is it good or bad? I think I have a dongle. :-D I am enjoying Panda Cloud and running a lifetime version of Malwarebytes along with it. Windows 7 Ultimate/Old trustworthy Dell Optiplex 755/2 GB memory---external power supply---it is only about as big as a dictionary book. I love it.
    Dave

14. avondude

BWAAAAAAHAAA! Love it!
    Dave

15. avondude

16. TimW

A USB device to use to connect to the internet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds