diabetes machine that downloads info

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by watchntv, Apr 11, 2014.

1. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

My mom is looking for a wireless diabetes system to have her and my dad's sugar readings turn into a graph she can easily print out to see.

She wants something like the http://www.fitbit.com/aria sale that wirelessly syncs your stats with online graph and mobile tools
    I was wondering anyone here had a suggestion
    thanks

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Never heard of a wireless one, but there are those that you can connect directly to a PC and do that.

3. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

do you have experience with any that I could recommend to her?
    She wants one that will just give her the raw data OR makea graph for her without needing more programs to use
    Consumer reports does not say more than "Readings in the memory can be downloaded to a PC."

I told her to just look at the current machines and take the numbers(date/sugar) and plug into a graph
    but is there a program to make a graph? Besides excel or this http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createAgraph/default.aspx

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

7. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

You mentioned OneTouch, there is also a Bayer USB that is about $25, and Walgreens and CVS put them on sale from time to time for free. Insurance may cover a testing machine.

8. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Im using a an app on my droid called Glucose buddy, doesnt link to my meter but is quick and easy to use and put the data in.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds