need bootable tool cd

Discussion in 'Software' started by e2spring, Jun 18, 2008.

1. e2spring

e2spring Private E-2

i have a bootable floppy from gibson research called troubleshooter and another bootable floppy identified only as smartcertify. these floppys allow me to low level format, test all pc components including keyboard and monitor tests, etc. and work well. i need a good program that can do these things but run from cd. the ultimate boot cd on majorgeeks works ok but is not as comprehensive as what i have.

any suggestions will be welcome

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

.... I think that means the above link isn't what your looking for ;) Have you thought about creating boot CDs from the floppies? You could actually put them both on a single bootable CD, but I have no idea how to do that. However, if you want to create a bootable CD from each floppy, you should be able to use your CD burning software's "create ISO image" option to build an image of each disk, then burn that image to a CD. In theory, it should work. I haven't personally created a bootable CD this way, so use CDRW blanks so you don't waste a full CD (if you care). Or just do a Google search for "how to create bootable CD from floppy" or something similar.... there's a couple of free ISO creation tools available:
    Folder2ISO http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/folder2iso.cfm
    ISORecorder http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm (this will also burn the ISO images using the WinXP right-click menu; very handy)
    There's also a few free ones here at Major Geeks in the Back Up downloads section, I haven't used any of 'em, but I've used the two above and they work just fine.

Good luck!

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds