Cable Modem & FTP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Omind, May 26, 2004.

1. Omind

Omind Private E-2

I recently got cable modem from adelphia and I an trying to run an ftp server "Titan FTP". I cannot seem to connect from the outside at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated:D

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you need to make sure you have port forwarding enabled for PORT 21 to the pc that is the FTP host.

It is recommended to assign a DHCP range in your router and leave a few static IP's open so you can set up your FTP host with a static IP. This way you can assign port forwarding on port 21 to the desired PC and the IP will not change. With DHCP, if the IP changes, then you will have to change the forwarding IP to match it.

3. Omind

Omind Private E-2

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

4. Omind

Omind Private E-2

:rolleyes: OK, I tried a few things. It seems that Adelphia doesn't want you to run a service from your home unless you get their $129/mo package. There should be a way to do it without using a dynamic DNS service, etc.:confused: Any ideas from any one??

5. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

They probably block ports 20/21.

A lot of FTP server let you choose a port, change the Server's Ports.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds