Office 2003 upgrade question

Discussion in 'Software' started by pwillener, Jun 25, 2012.

1. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

A friend of mine has Office 2003 Professional installed on his Windows XP. Now he needs Word 2010 and Excel 2010.

My question is: can he just buy the Word and Excel 2010 upgrade disks; will this allow upgrading from Office 2003 Pro? (He does not use any of the other Office apps.)

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Sorry, I can't answer your question. But I suspect somewhere on the outside of the boxes the upgrade disks come in it will tell you what versions they can be used with.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 might be the best choice in this case. It does not include Outlook and Access but does include PowerPoint and OneNote, in addition to Word and Excel.

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Thank you; that is exactly what I have also found in the meantime. It costs about half of the Word/Excel upgrades (at least here on Amazon Japan).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds