Malware Bytes Anti Malware

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackyaz, Jul 20, 2008.

1. jackyaz

jackyaz Private E-2

After updating to version 1.21 this application hangs when scanning the registry, and can only be terminated by me manually shutting down the computer. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes, reading the MalwareBytes forum and posts from the developer Marcin ( aka RubbeR DuckY) they are aware of this freezing issue and will update the application soon.

Which OS you running? if Vista try this for me, right click MBM and run it as admin.

3. jackyaz

jackyaz Private E-2

i'm using vista home premium sp1. i did ty it as admin, and it ran for a minute longer before freezing. oh good, i thought i had a virus blocking it running,si i am relieved it is not my computer that is the problem

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for trying that, yes at least you know its not malware causing this and I know the MBM devs will be working hard to get a fix for this random freeze ( as its not affecting everyone ) out asap.

5. jackyaz

jackyaz Private E-2

quick update here. updated to 1.22, now runs quick scan but encounters and error and has to close afer 15 minutes. tried running as admin and reinstalling, but the same problem occurs. i hope 1.23 will fix this

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds