Bsod

Discussion in 'Software' started by kdubya, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kdubya

kdubya Private E-2

I get a BSOD when I run certain registry editing programs like registry booster. The come during certain scans like "sound and app events" or however that reads. Windows sometimes reports errors and sends me to an unhelpful help page saying the problem is caused by a driver. I have had the problem for a long time. I just completed the Read and Run process and will include those logs. The blue screen says:
    Page_Fault_in_Non_Paged_Area
    0x00000050
    0xD5480000
    0x00000000
    0x80636B6C
    0x00000000
    I have run Memtest and found nothing.
    I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.
    Namaste

Trying to find the logs from Malware and superantispy and will attach when I do.

Attached Files:

2. kdubya

kdubya Private E-2

the spyware logs are here

Attached Files:

3. kdubya

kdubya Private E-2

Here is the minidump

Attached Files:

4. kdubya

kdubya Private E-2

Have isolated the file in the first mini dump. I hear it is part of my Kaspersky antivirus which is currently not loaded. Now get the attached minidump. the implicated program is a system file and when I try to rename it to *.old it gets replaced by the original file. the file is ntkrnlpa.exe and I see a lot of instances for it in the windows directories. In other news I am now getting a message as the computer shuts down that svchst.exe references memory that could not be written ... 0x10000ebeb is the location ... don't know how that helps but hope it does.

Attached Files:

5. kdubya

kdubya Private E-2

FIXED! For anyone who wanders onto this post here's what I did: The errors came during registry maintanance. I couldn't even run basic diagnostic programs and they always seemed to crash at the same places although I couldn't figure out exactly where. I had some time to kill a couple of weeks ago and made the error happen aain a couple of times. I read a few minidumps and then went into the registry with regedit and did a text serch for the drivers or files indicated in the minidumps just to see where they were. The text search caused the error as well! Now, realizing the text search caused the error I started at the bottom of the tree and started a serch for an arbitrary registry entry. I kept searching from a place some steps higher in the registry until I got the error again. Once I got the error I stepped back down to the healthy section and started taking baby steps up, starting the search from only one or two steps higher and that way I found two sections that were causing the errors. One in Hkey current users and the other further down in hkey local machine I think ... The keys were for microsoft messenger. I figure I had a virus masqurading as the program file for that service. Since I never used Microsoft messenger I just deleted the keys (after backing up of course). BINGO! Healthy scans on all fronts ... and system performance is much better now. If you have come here in frustration and desparation ... I feel your pain and I hope this helps. Cheers!

6. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome to MG!!

Glad we could be of help!!:-D:-D:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds