Foxmail Blacklist.

Discussion in 'Software' started by BreezyCricket, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BreezyCricket

BreezyCricket Private E-2

Does anyone know if it is possible to use wildcards in adding Users to the Foxmail Blacklist.

Since the Canadian Government made spam illegal, the amount of spam I have been receiving has increased about 50 fold.

I receive a message from say 'bonny23@???' and I add this sender to my blacklist and it stops future spam from this address.

However, I then receive a message from 'bonny24@???' and I have to go through the entire procedure again.

What I would like to know is if it is possible to blacklist 'bonny' with wildcards for the remaining part.

I have tried every way I can think of and have been unable to get anything to work.

If this is not possible can anyone suggest an E-Mail program that will work?

Many Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not used Foxmail and couldnt find an FAQ or one not in Chinese, also didnt find much on blacklist filters, but possible option of you like Foxmail and only have one email address in that app is to use a mail filter like Mailwasher Free (free will only monitor one account) note: if using Mailwasher DO NOT allow it to bounce emails back, worst option ever as if you bounce spam back they know your email is live and you will get 100s more, so never set that option.

>> just a thought on your wildcards in Foxmail are you using ???? if so try * as they wildcard symbol.

Or Thunderbird has some intuitive spam features as it learns spam from what you highlight over time, plus you can add wildcard filters for "begins with" "and" *contains" "ends with" etc but the built in Junk Filter as you train it will be much better than wildcard filters.

Do you have Microsoft Office Outlook installed at all? just curious and don't go buying it, just if you have it there maybe some options I have as I use Outlook 2013 & Thunderbird.

You will get a few other options following my starting point above, with others great takes on cutting spam down and what apps they use to cut down on spam.

3. BreezyCricket

BreezyCricket Private E-2

Thank you for the reply. I only used the ? symbol as an example because I wished to show that I wanted to use the wildcard symbol * in the name.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds