Dell Dimension 5150 Drivers PLS HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by rhino94, Dec 8, 2008.

1. rhino94

rhino94 Private E-2

I need 6 Drivers for a dell dimension 5150. I need the Multimedia Video Controller,PCI Device,PCI Simple Communications Controller,Sm Bus Controller, Video Controller and the Video Controller(VGA Compatible). I have tried the Dell Support thingy but to be honest i dont know that much bout computers and dont understand it. Pls help ty

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. rhino94

rhino94 Private E-2

Yes but i dont know which of these lot i need. Sorry got no Pc knowledge

4. rhino94

rhino94 Private E-2

Ok i have now only have
    PCI Device
    SM Bus Controller

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Install the Chipset Driver as that one adds SM Bus Controller and likely the missing PCI device.

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yup.... the chipset driver should take care of the SMBus driver, but the PCI Device may be either a modem, or the on-board sound driver. If the chipset doesn't install the PCI Device, install the sound drivers. If that doesn't work, download and run Unknown Devices and it will give you a real good idea as to what the device actually is. If you're still confused, post the info provided by Unknown Devices (a screen shot would be ideal) and we'll try to provide the driver you need.... good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds