HP 6730b integrated webcam driver.

Discussion in 'Software' started by caldwellteamfreedom, Jan 23, 2012.

1. caldwellteamfreedom

caldwellteamfreedom Private E-2

I have an HP 6730b which I installed windows 7 on. I have not been able to get the webcam to work. The blue led next to the camera comes on, but I get only a black screen where the picture should be. I've tried installing many different drivers but nothing has worked yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does this one work for you?

3. caldwellteamfreedom

Thanks for the help, but that is one that I have tried. Here is a list of the drivers I have tried. SP35908, SP41512, SP44106, SP44340, SP47972, & SP48820. None of them have worked. I wondering if I will have to change the webcam to one that is compatible with windows 7. If anyone else has any other sugestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

4. tgell

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your camera device in Device Manager? Is your Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

5. caldwellteamfreedom

No. It says "this device is working properly".

6. caldwellteamfreedom

7. tgell

8. caldwellteamfreedom

Yes. I did install that driver as well. Maybe I should update the thread. I also replaced the screen. I wonder if the screen I installed has anything to do with the webcam not working? Thank you for your response. Kasey

9. tgell

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds