Automatic Heat Sensing Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RLS256, May 12, 2014.

1. RLS256

RLS256 Private E-2

So I have a home theater book case, and there is a log of hardware and gaming console crammed in there. There is a lot of breathing room but the box gets really hot when everything is turned on and running. I got a 120 mm computer fan out of a drawer and spliced it with a transformer, the fan is 12V .55A DC and the wall power transformer is 12V 1A so it runs just fine, however it runs at a very high speed and I don't want it running 24/7 nor at full speed. I was looking at Heat Detecting Sensor Circuits online and they are cheap, I was also looking a resisters to maybe bring down the speed of the fan. But with my limited knowledge on hardware any tips on how I could assemble these items to work as an automatic fan for the theater box? This is really just a hobby and a fun project, I am sure there are devices out there I can buy but where is the fun in that?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds