connection issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluer4u, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bluer4u

bluer4u Private E-2

Hello,
    I have been having an issue with my XP system. Trying to download email always times out and alot of links in IE show page cant be displayed. If I reboot and choose to go into Win 98, the same email downloads very fast and complete. I have ran adaware, spybot, hijack this, checked for parasites and viruses and clean everything that I can find, and still have the same issue. Another thing that I have noticed is the the svchost .exe is now SVCHOST.EXE in the task manager.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Blue

2. Meeshock

Meeshock Private E-2

I've been dealing with a similar issue for almost a month now. I believe my problem was with the Instant Messenger update that downloads with the IE update. I had to remove all start up options for Instant Messenger. At the same time I think I had some adware that kept being 'reborn' due to a file in the prefetch folder. When I would go into the task manager's Processes, I would have several winhlp.dll.exe files running. It was preventing me from receiving large email attachments. I think it was 'timing out' my internet connection. I had to search my hard drive for any files containing winhlp. I kept deleting the winhlp.dll.exe files, and the problem continued, as well as the files showing back up. Eventually I found the windows/prefetch folder and deleted anything I didn't recognize. That seemed to fix my problem. Those files haven't shown up again for about 4 days now. I hope this will help you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds