Several Setup.exe files won't run

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RobertSE6, Aug 24, 2004.

1. RobertSE6

RobertSE6 Private E-2

Hi - can anyone help with this puzzling one please

Yesterday I was doing some clearing out of my harddrive and installing a couple of things (one driver and one application)

For no apparent reason I can't run their setup.exe files - there is a bit of activity (hourglass) and then nothing more happens - no error message, no crash, just no response.

Other .exe files work fine

I can't think of anything odd I was doing at the time to give any clues. Have run NOrton system works and regSupreme - still no joy.

Any help please?

Rob

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Did you download them from the internet? If so, were they may be zipped (compressed)?

You may be able to view the files but in order to execute, you may have to "extract" them to a different folder if they were compressed.

Right click on the folder that contains what you need, see if their is an option to "extract all".

Good luck.

3. RobertSE6

RobertSE6 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply

One was on a CD that came with new hardware, 2 others were downloaded but I did unzip the files to a folder on my C: drive before running setup.exe

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds