:( need some help/advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Iron6V6, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Iron6V6

Iron6V6 Private E-2

:eek: I hate for this to be my first thread after reading this board for so long, but I really need help finding some info.

I'm majoring in computer Eng. right now and need some help getting the concepts in Physics 2A.

=/ a lot of the resources I've found have been no help at all as I'm having trouble with the calculus end of physics 2. There are a hundred books for basic physics but none for science, math, or engineering majors it would seem.

:eek: I'm really sorry my first post is so lame, but would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Surely I'm not the first person here to have trouble with physics 2 calc.

Thanks for the trouble.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

3. Iron6V6

Iron6V6 Private E-2

I'm not really haveing trouble with the calc. =/ I'm having trouble connecting the calc to the physics, and understanding it enough to do the much much harder homework.

I'm on fields right now.

4. Publius

Publius Sergeant

I got an undergraduate degree in physics, and remember well having the same problem. It wasn't until I took a class called Mathematical Methods in Physics that I finally got a firm grasp on that subtle connection between the physical systems being described and the calculus needed to describe those systems. It was like a light being turned on.

I believe this was the book we used in the class, though it was an earlier version:

Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering
    A Comprehensive Guide
    K. F. Riley, M. P. Hobson, S. J. Bence
    ISBN: 0521890675

But I am not sure whether this book was the key or the Professor teaching the class, so I wouldn't run out and buy it without checking it out to see if it will work for you.

Hope this helps, good luck!

5. cnybud

cnybud Private First Class

I have a calculator... With big buttons... ;)

6. Iron6V6

Iron6V6 Private E-2

thanks, Ill google up some stuff on that book

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds