laptop battery not charging battery ok

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pbmgames, Nov 2, 2010.

1. pbmgames

pbmgames Private E-2

I have a toshiba sat pro L450-13L and the battery dosent charge and i would like help trying to diagnose the problem.
    The laptop works as long as the charger is pluged in.

this is what i have tried so far.
    changed battery into different laptop and it charges
    changed charger onto different laptop and it charges
    changed battery from other laptop and it dosent charge
    changed charger from other laptop and it dosent charge

conclusion battery and charger work

I have also unistalled the ACPI compliant control method battery. Then scaned for hardware changes which reinstalls it.

As the laptop works with the charger plugged in the internal connections must be ok.

does anyone have ideas on what could be wrong
    Thanks

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

It's apparent that the connection from the (internal) power supply to the battery connection on the laptop is faulty. This will be very difficult for you to repair, I'm guessing.

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi PBM,

Your assumptions are pretty good but consider this: What you are calling the charger is not the charger but is the AC to DC converter so only furnishes the power for charging. The intelligence for the charger is built into the battery case so it is mostly responsible for controlling the charge process. The laptop is also involved. Hope this helps you reconsider your problem.

Good Luck, Jim

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Any possibility that there might be a BIOS update that addresses any charging problems?

5. Daniela

Daniela Private First Class

I had this problem on my ThinkPad Laptop. It went that Motherboard was bad and needed replacement in order to fix the problem...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds