inspiron3700, wireless network prob

Discussion in 'Software' started by green_newbie, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green_newbie

green_newbie Private First Class

ok so i am useing an inspiron 3700 laptop, with
    windows xp pro
    mobile intel pentium iiiE
    256 mb dram
    bios is Phoenix (03/05/03)
    Modem is actiontec 56k modem

and was useing a D-link airxpert wireless cardbus adapter DWL-AG650

and thought i would try and connect the laptop to my timewarner RR cable connection, so i pluged a USB cord into the modem, to the laptop

and tryed to install it as new hardware, it detected what kind of modem it was but wouldn't install it,
    but now when i put the Dlink air xpert wireless adapter thingy in, the whole system crashes, and keeps crashing on reboot till i take the Wireless adapter out.

any ideas?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Modem will require drivers from wherev er you got it from. If that measn your ISP, they provide them.
    Dlink wireless card will require drivers too.

3. green_newbie

ok if i go intosafe mode what can i do from there?

where do i get these drivers for the wireless adapeter, i don't relaly care about the Cable connection through time warner

4. green_newbie

i used system restore, and this didn't fix, , same problem, windows will sit here and reboot all night if i let it, it flashes blue error messge screen up for like 2 seconds not nearly long enough to read anything on it.

i am thinking when i tryed to get the cable modem on, it killed my wireless adapters drivers maybe, in such a way as to make the system all crazy

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Go to safe mode.

system properties

advanced

Startup and recovery settings

uncheck automatically restart

Post exactly what the blue screen says, technical information and all.

6. green_newbie

problem has solved it self, i plug in it works fine, no error , no auto reboot
    ....not sure if we did anything to fix it but thanks for help

7. green_newbie

ok its doing it again

here is the blue screen message please help

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequeate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select advanced statup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xf744153f, 0xf7f558618,0x000000000)

*** ar5211.sys - address f744153f base at f7421000, DateStamp 3e7e8276

Beginning dump of physical memory
    physical memory dump complete.
    contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

that is the whole thing. i have tryed useing a restore point, i can get into safe mode, but not sure what do do when i am there. so anyhelp is lovely

8. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

Just having a similar problem with a friends laptop. Went on to windows update and downloaded an updated driver, now all I get is a blue screen with the exact message above in it.

Have tried booting to safe mode to try and sort it, but system will not boot in to safe mode, hangs about half way through the loading screen. Any ideas?

I have a copy of knoppix on CD somewhere, is it worth using that to boot and then deleting the offending drivers, or is this just likely to exacerbate the problem?

Cheers

Scoobs

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Start a new thread instead of bumping one from three years ago, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds