DVD/CD RW drive showing 0 bytes for used and free space

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wongie, Nov 3, 2004.

1. wongie

wongie Private E-2

hi Peeps,
    i have a Toshiba satellite A30-203 lap top with a Matshita UJDA 750 DVD/CD RW drive. when i try to burn stuff on CD R, i.e Pictures, Music as data files or audio files,for storage amongst other things, i keep getting a message that reads please insert a blank disc yet the disc inserted is new. the only time it works is if i use a CD RW disc, or if i go into real player to burn the audio tracks on to CD. what is this about? when i check the properties of this drive it shows that i have 0 bytes free space and 0 bytes used space. what can i do to rectify this? i am sure that as some point the bytes count was going upor down and not at zero. what can i do about this? please help.Thanks
    Wongie

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Is this a new problem? Have you been able to burn disks before?
    I have a similar problem with the latest Nero & my DVD burner - "Insert Blank Media" & and tried different brands - when that didn't work I switched programs & now it burns fine.

3. wongie

wongie Private E-2

yes i could burn stuff before and it was just fine. what program are u using now?

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I use Roxio now.. what are you using? Have you updated it latley?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds