Remote for iPod Nano

Discussion in 'Software' started by sierra, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sierra

sierra Private First Class

I have an iPod nano hooked up to a stereo. I would like to have a remote for this set up. I noticed that some online have a piece to hook into the bottom that then goes into a dock. I do not have a dock, so I have a cord going from the jack on the bottom of the iPod nano into the stereo. The remotes I have seen have that piece that covers up this place for the cord to go from the iPod to the stereo. Do you know of an adapter that would not cover up this jack? Thank you for your time.
    Nancy

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Nancy

WOW great to hear from you on the forum, but sadly you would need a dock of some sort that had an option to allow remote options from an app on the iPod to control it, and not many available as I can see, some for Samsung TVs are evident.

I hope others can dispute my info and have a solution for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds