Nvidia Driver S.N.A.F.U.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Private RX8, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Private RX8

Private RX8 Private E-2

OK here's my situation. I was playing Battlefield 2 a couple of days ago and I was lagging a little. I said to myself " Hey, i haven't downloaded the latest driver update for my GeForce 6200 video card, let me do that". Big mistake. I downloaded the 91.31 version thinking the website would give the compatible one. WRONG! I called BFG (manufacturer of the nVidia card) the tech told me to dowload the 77.77 driver since that's more compatible to my card. Now my game graphics are all f***ed up and my PC freezes when I try to play a video of any kind. My task manager CPU usage skyrockets to 100% when I try to play the smallest video I have. Please, I need a true geek for this one. Thanks :)

2. Private RX8

Private RX8 Private E-2

3. EXOX3

EXOX3 Staff Sergeant

Confucius Say,

Use nVidia 81.98 Forceware drivers for nVidia GeForce 6 series boards....

I have a nVidia 6600GT, and I found all other drivers perform a performance hit with my system, the latest also are more 7800 GF over anything else... sadly..

Let us know how you go...

David,

4. Private RX8

Private RX8 Private E-2

Thx for the reply. I tried what you had mentioned and I still have the same problem. This time I started Windows media player with the Task manager on, tried to open one of my videos from my pc, and saw how the "wmplayer" process stole all of the usage from the system idle process. This thing went up to 95% usage! I can do anything else with my pc, except watch videos, or play games. it's definitely a graphics concern.

5. Private RX8

Private RX8 Private E-2

NM It's working now thx :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds