Acrobat Reader Printing Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostriver, Aug 22, 2006.

1. lostriver

lostriver Private E-2

I am not postivie this is a software issue (Adobe Acrobat Reader) or a hardware issue (Xerox Phaser 8400B), so I thought I'd try posting in "Software" first. My apologies if I ended up in the wrong place.

I am helping troubleshoot an error associated with printing some pdf files. The problem does not occur with all pdf files -- it appears to be related to images, but not all images.

When the error occurs you generally get a small part of the file printed, followed by a page with the following:

ERROR: ioerror
    OFFENDING COMMAND: flushfile

STACK:

-filestream-
    -filestream-
    -filestream-
    -filestream-
    -samelevel-

According to the people who use this set-up this is new, but I cannot verify that. The only thing that has changed is an upgrade to Acrobat Reader 7.08 an update of Java, and a new antivirus program which replaced Norton.

The printer is a Xerox Phaser 8400B. Everything else is printing fine. The same files print on other printers and can be printed on the Xerox if "print as image" is selected. The computers all run XP Pro and the printer is shared across a five PC workgroup. The problem happens no matter what computer you are at (including the host PC).

Things I have tried:
    - disabled new AV program and firewall (just in case there was a conflict)
    - installed an older version of Acrobat Reader (6.0)
    - checked for updated printer drivers (none found)
    - reinstalled the printer driver
    - reinstalled the printer

None of these things helped. I am not very familiar with troubleshooting Adobe products (never had a problem myself) or postscript, so any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. lostriver

lostriver Private E-2

tunered,
    Thanks for the quick reply. However, the link you provided appears to be more a reference for programmers. The documents I'm having trouble printing are not being created by me. They seem to work with other printers, so I was hoping somebody could procvide some insight on the error messages I am receiving. Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds