HP DeskJet 932C Printer and Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Global2004, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

Hello All,

I just replace my old computer with a XPLIO_1130E. My old printer is a HP DeskJet 932C. I went to the HP website and downloaded the drivers and loaded them onto my computer.

When I go to print a page out everything seems fine. The print window comes up,
    Name: hp deskjet 930c series
    Type: hp deskjet 930c series
    Where: LPT1

Print Range: All
    Number of copies: 1

I then select OK, then a small window appears and then dissapers.

Title: HP PSC All in one, Deskjet, and Photosmart Printers. Wind...
    Progress: Preparing...

A small icon in the bottom right hand corner appears and when I hover my mouse over it it says, "0 Document(s) pending for "ME"."

Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong? Yes the printer is on and the computer and printer are hooked up in the back using the multi-pin connector.

*****I just went into 'hp deskjet 930c series Toolbox' and under the tab 'Estimated Ink Level' is says, "The computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the divice."******

I'm connecting the computer with the multi-pin cable, however there is also a Type B USB connector on the back of the printer. Should I be using that instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Global

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

USB A to B cables are more common for external peripherals these days. They work a lot better and are less likely to encounter problems. I'd recommend getting one.

However it shouldn't stop your parallel cable working. Have you tried printing a test page from the Printer properties?

3. Global2004

Global2004 Private First Class

Hello McAdam.

I went into the Printer Properties and tried printing a test page. Once selected a dialog box came up "Print Test Page" Print a test page to verify that the device can receive data and print from the computer correctly. Click Print to print the test page.

I then selected "Print". Nothing happens.

Although when I select 'Calibrate the Device' it prints out a page. I dont get it.

Please help. Would the USB cable we spoke of be the cause of the problem?

Thanks,
    Global

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I don't think the cable is the problem, because if it were then it wouldn't sell very well!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device? Check for latest drivers on the HP website?

5. Ryec

Ryec Private E-2

I came across this similar problem and spent days trying to figure it out. I knew I was close when I tried to start the HPZ12 service and it kept failing with "unable to find the specified file". I traced it with a process monitor and found that it was looking for a registry key that was not present. Specifically:

HKLM\System\CurrentCosntrolSet\Services\Pml Driver HPZ12\Parameters

It was looking for the string:

ServiceDLL

which should be set to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.dll

(or something similar).

The unfortunate thing is that no matter how many times you install and uninstall the HP drivers, then don't reset the registry keys for the HPZ12 service. In the end, I ended up doing the following:

1. Uninstall software and reboot
    2. Go through registry editor and delete the PML key (just did a search for all PML occurences)
    3. Deleted the c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard directory
    4. Deleted the c:\program files\HP directory
    5. Deleted the c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ contents (anything that referred to an HP printer or driver)
    6. Deleted the HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard registry key
    7. Rebooted
    8. Reinstalled and everything worked.

I suggest you backup any registry keys prior to deleting them in case you make a mistake. You can use the Export feature on the right-click context menu to save each key you delete, or use some tool to make a backup of your registry prior to making these changes. Similarly, for the files, I renamed directories or created backups of their contents.

Once I reinstalled, I found that there were TONS of new registry keys added that weren't there before. So the real problem is with HPs install/uninstall. It doesn't clean up properly and any aborted or failed instalation will leave the drivers in a poor state.

Hope that helps.

Ryec.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds