I need help in removing "Dial Up Optimiser" 7 day trial popup from my windows 95 !

Discussion in 'Software' started by RenalJim, May 23, 2005.

1. RenalJim

RenalJim Private E-2

I am in need of assistance !

I downloaded a TERRIBLE program written by Neil Richard Corcoran called "Dial Up Optimiser" from this site into my Windows 95 System, which is a dinosaur... but, I love this machine none the less ! My computer is a Compaq Presario 9232.... yes, an oldie but, still functions well !

Now, Here's the problem.......

Ater the download of "Dial Up Optimiser" 7 day trial expired.... I used the uninstaller from the program and deleted the left overs with the control panel's add/remove program.

Although, the program and files were removed, I still have the VERY ANNOYING unclosable pop up counter that keeps poping up on my Windows startup..... You know, the one that counts down the days left of the evaluation period and has the buttons on the left and right sides... that says..... "Evaluate" to the left and "Purchase" to the right ???

I looked into the registry and found this thing in the HKey user and in the Hkey Current users tabs under software and upon further expansion of the software file.... under VB/VBA programs settings.

No matter what I try, I can delete this thing !

It resets itself and gives a another pop up that you can't close out that gives you another 7 day trial message upon my windows 95 startup.

I used a remove programs program that didn't get rid of it..... I used Registry Mechanic 4.0 registered version ( Paid for) that didn't get rid of it ! AND this thing is driving me CRAZY !!!!!!!

When you epand the "Dial Up Optimiser" file from the Registry's Hkey current users and Hkey User areas, All of the Random Key " numbers", "Initial date" and "Last Use Date" are within a folder called "Active Lock" .

The Author, Neil Richard Corcoran is no longer reachable at his listed E Mail Address, but the site for this crummy program is still on the net !

You can't even buy this thing if you wanted to !

Does anyone out there in CyberSpace know just how in the hell to get rid of this pop up thing and rid me of this junk once and for all ???

Thank you in advance for any useful suggestions and for your help !

2. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Hi Jim
    I can't remember back to the W95 days but it seems to me that your startup is loading an exe or similar file that installed itself with the original program and is somewhere in your computer. I would look in the files that w95 looks at, at startup. From memory there is win.ini and autoexec.bat.
    Sorry I can't be of any more help but others here will jump in and assist and this will point you in the right direction i think.
    Cheers
    Robert

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

RenalJim, do a google search on the programs name and another search on the author's name. There will probably be links/complaints, etc., listed. There may be helpful links there from others who have had the same troubles.

Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds