New Motherboard - No Audio Output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swalsh19, Jul 12, 2007.

1. swalsh19

swalsh19 Private First Class

I have just acquired a new motherboard and I have installed it and I have NO Audio. Under the control panel it doesn't show the Realtek Audio as being installed. XP is not detecting it. Any ideas?

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

I am presuming (maybe incorrectly) that your mobo has onboard sound. In the first instance is this correct?

If this is the case then have you enabled the onboard sound in the bios. XP may not be detecting the hardware because of this.

Good Luck

3. swalsh19

swalsh19 Private First Class

I turns out that the Windows MCE doesn't have a driver for the ATI HDMI Audio. It works fine in XP but not in MCE. Guess I have to get Vista... :(

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

You should be able to download the driver from the motherboard maker's web site. The driver for XP Home or XP Pro should work fine with MCE. Personally, I've never had a driver that was designated for XP not work with MCE.... so download the needed driver and install it as per the mobo's instructions, and all should be well ;)

hd2k

5. Demonsfires

Demonsfires Private E-2

I've got a similar problem, when I reformatted my computer, I was unaware that I didn't get the Audio drivers from the person I bought it from. I know it's onboard sound (legacy audio is what the control panel says but i have no idea what drivers specifically need to be installed). ECS M863 v1.0 is the mainboard I have if that helps. I am not a great wiz when it comes to computers so I'm sorry for my noobness. Anyone care to take a hack at this problem of mine?

6. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Visit the ECS web site for the drivers. I beleive the M863 was a joint release from ECS and PCChips, so you may need to visit www.pcchips.com.tw
    ECS web site: www.ecs.com.tw

7. Demonsfires

Demonsfires Private E-2

Hey thanks HD2K, I think this might help. I"ll let ya know if it works or not. I appreciate taking the time to help me out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds