PaperPort VIEWER

Discussion in 'Software' started by RDW, Apr 30, 2010.

1. RDW

RDW Private E-2

I have alot of PaperPort files, but no longer have the Program. Google finds sites that "claim" to have the "VIEWER" for DL, but I sure can't find it.

Win7 64B

Thanx in advance,

Roger :cry

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

whats the file extention? .max? does it open with acrobat reader?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Code:
    http://www.softwarepod.com/21158-Paperport-Viewer-download-links.htm
    I do not know this site so I can't tell if it is safe.
    The link under windows with the setupex might be it. After you download, scan it with your security programs or go to Jotti
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/en
    and scan it before you try to run it.

If that doesn't work, I'll try and find some sort of converter.

4. plodr

It sure isn't easy finding info at the Nuance site, but I think i found it.
    http://support.nuance.com/downloads/default.asp
    scroll to the bottom and the setupex file is there (2.7MB). When I hover my mouse, it points to an ftp site so I think the download will work.
    I didn't test it because I'm in linux.

5. RDW

RDW Private E-2

Yes .MAX

No pdf will not open it.

6. RDW

RDW Private E-2

Followed your instructions to the letter (several times), and find the DL?!

7. plodr

What did you input in the boxes?
    1. Paperport
    2. Windows XP (simply because this old product is not supported in Win 7)

I then get a popup box with the file and a 2.64MB file is downloaded to my windows computer.
    That's about the best help I can offer.

I could zip up the setup file I've downloaded and email it to you, provided your email accepts a file that that is over 2MB in size.
    You need to go into your profile and turn on Personal messages here. I will send you a PM and you can respond - you can not send me a PM yet. If you want the file that way, you can send me a working email address in the PM.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  8. RDW

RDW Private E-2

Thanks for your response.

PM is now activated.

Roger

9. RDW

RDW Private E-2

I'm Using Win7.

Why no edit option?

10. plodr

You can't edit your post after about 20 minutes - this is a function of the forum software, in that the edit button disappears.

As I said, the software will not work on Windows 7 - it is simply too old. You will need to find a computer running XP to open the max files. You can then export them as jpegs (I have done this many times) and save the jpegs so the scanned items will now be accessible to you.

11. trophyjoe

trophyjoe Private E-2

Here's where I found a solution:
    ftp://ftp.scansoft.com/pub/program/paperport/
    Look for this file: setupex.exe 2.6 MB 5/25/00 12:00:00 AM

I was able to install and run it on my HP dm4 laptop with W7 64bit. It's clunky, but it does work. Print to CutePDF and you're done.

I did all this out of curiosity, but hey, it works!

I think a better way to go is buy a low-end Brother MFC (get one that comes with paperport). You'll get the "SE" version but it's plenty good for the price. As on this date, Amazon has a decent little unit for all of $90.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFCJ615w-Wireless-Printer-Scanner/dp/B003UAJBTS
    My wife has one and is very happy with it.

I've used paperport for about ten years in my biz and have found it to be a good way to cut down on paper storage--we have about 100k pages online and have given away about six 4-drawer file cabs. Just make sure things are backed up regularly (Mine is only about 10GB).

Sorry for the sales pitch.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds