bought an acer h233h

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debauchee, Jun 7, 2010.

1. debauchee

debauchee Private E-2

about a week and a half ago I bought an acer h233h, It's a nice monitor but I'm having 1 very annoying problem with it. the built in speakers are horribly low even on full volume. I'm trying to watch a movie on netflix with my ps3 using the monitor and hdmi cable and I can barely hear the movie. I tried to plug headphones into it and the sound still played through the monitor speakers and not the headphones. I paid about 189$ with tax and everything for this and its still within the 2 weeks I can use and return it if I dont like it.

Should I return it and buy another monitor? if so which would be good? 23" with hdmi port(s) vga dvi prefered. something that's comparable to this monitor but maybe with an extra hdmi port and better sound. or should I just tough it out with this one? if I could get headphones working on this one and could increase the volume through the headphones then it might be tolerable.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Personally, I never use the speakers in a monitor. My Samsung and eMachines monitors have very low sound. I think that is the norm for monitor speakers. You can try and return the monitor but I think you'll soon discover that monitor speakers just aren't great.
    Just attach a headset or disable the monitor speakers and use other speakers. I attach stand alone speakers (non-USB). I choose the 3.5mm plug because the sound is better than USB speakers, which have to supply the power through the USB port and are also generally weak because they are under powered.

If your headphones do not work on the monitor, then definitely return it. The sound through the headset is much better than relying on the monitor speaker sound.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds