IE issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by twinmms, Jul 31, 2009.

1. twinmms

twinmms Private E-2

I can't change Advanced settings in IE Options. I noticed a yellow banner at the botton of both the Security settings tab and the Advanced settings tab that said "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". Made no since, since I AM the administrator. So, I did a little research and I found a solution that fixed the problem with the Security tab. Unfortunately, the banner is still at the bottom of the Advanced tab and all the options there are still greyed out. I've run several scan for viruses and malware, but it says it's clean. Not sure where else to look for answers. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi twinmms, what is yoru OS? XP, or Vista, ??? What exactly were you trying to do? Maybe if you give some details, like OS, what version of IE you are using, we can figure it out... ;)

3. twinmms

twinmms Private E-2

Thanks for getting back with me. Sorry about the lack of details...

I'm running XP Pro, IE 7.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

That is a good sign, me too:-D Now, what are you trying to do?

5. twinmms

twinmms Private E-2

Just make some changes to the way pictures are handled. Actually, that's what started this whole thing...all of a sudden, IE and Outlook stopped showing pics. To be honest I haven't even looked to see what's checked and what's not in Advanced. I was just going in to check things out and I got sidetracked when I saw the yellow banner and realized I couldn't access those settings anyway.

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello twinmms, sorry for the delay in answering you, I lost my connection for a while there :cry (Ya gotta love that dial-up connecitn!) I am back on now, so let us see... I don't see in mine where it handles any of your OE pix.

In Outlook Express, go to tools > Options> look for teh Security Tab on the top, and click that. You should see this and see if all these I have put an arrow on are checked: View attachment 118878 This is a zip file, so you may have to click onto it twice rolleyes

I only say this, because I don't see anywhere in IE where it handles your pictures or attachments... That is in OE...

Let me know what you have checked and what is not.. Again, sorry for the delay;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds