Cli.exe-application error

Discussion in 'Software' started by johnyb287, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

Ok, so first off im really new here and i would like to say hey to everybody, your forum is quite interesting to read when i bord :).

alright so to my problem... Whenever I start up my computer i recive an application error that says,

cli.exe - Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I've havn't really tried anything except clicking ok (haha) and restarting my computer *wich dosnt solve the issue obviously* but now its really starting to get to me and some of your help would be really, greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    John

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Do you have the Catalyst Control Center/ATI? If so can you open it?

Steve

3. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

yes i do, i'll open it

4. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

or maybe not..i get that message when i try and open it

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Yeah, that was why I ask. You need to have Microsoft .NET framework installed in order to run the control panel. Go to the ATI driver download site and it should tell you.

Also, welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Steve

6. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

What is .NET framework anyways ?

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Here, http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3559

It's a pretty good download if on dialup but I am sure that is why you cannot open the control center and probably causing the error on startup also.

Just to make sure it's not the startup app. go to Start > Run > and type msconfig click on the Startup tab and uncheck the ATI entry. It should look something like this ATI CATALYST Sys.... C:\PROGRA~1ATITE... Common Startup

Restart and see if you still get the error.

Steve

8. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

you are my hero! haha

it worked thank you much!

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Which one....the startup? So we know the next time.

Steve

10. johnyb287

johnyb287 Private E-2

i downloaded the .net and i did the start up thing so idk ? but it worked thank you

11. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Glad one of them worked for you.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds