mouse sensitivity problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Main Frame, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

I'm using a cordless optical logitech mouse (mx400 I believe) with windows XP, and recently it's gotten really sensitive, but not all the time. I will go into the mouse properties and turn the speed all the way down and it will be really slow, but if I open the start menu, or anything else it's imediately going 100mph again.... this is pissing me off because it makes it really hard to click on anything. I move the mouse just a hair and it moves three inches on the screen. :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Try a different mouse pad.

3. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

I don't use a mouse pad..

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The area you are using the mouse upon could have a pattern or surface that doesn't reflect the light beam to the mouse optical sensor properly. Try it on another surface and see what difference it makes.

5. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

It's not that, because as I mentioned, when I turn the sensitivity down in the control pannel it actually gets really slow on the desktop (as it should). But as soon as I open anything it's back to how it was before. It's not a random thing, it's something wrong with windows that's doing it..

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Check for newer drivers from Logitech.

7. Fuzz

Fuzz Private First Class

I get this problem as well with the Logitech mouse usually after I have played a game then return to the desktop.(not always just sometimes) Only fix I know at this point is to either logout and backin or reboot...And this is with there latest drivers...Sorry but for now this is only fix I know of....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds