University course

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Sep 21, 2005.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I found a REALLY cool place to go study and an AWESOME course to do...
    Computer Graphics Technology @ Kingston Uni.

All of the course content is stuff that I really like, and that I can do well in, and it lines me up very nicely with the "New Media" industry, while I still have a wide skillset. For example, I could go into web design (again ;)), TV, Film, Marketing, Product Design even.

And the place is really cool too! It's on the outskirts of London - far enough away for living not to be too horrendous, but close enough for access to the city. It's just too cool!

I'm going to go to an open day, to see what it's really like there - I know the area, its quite nice really, but it'll be better to see the actual uni.

They also do mechanical engineering, which I might apply to.... I could certainly do it but I am quite artistic too, so it makes sense to do a course like that.

2. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Good choice in uni. Alot of my friends went to collage and Uni in Kingston and they really liked it. Kingston is a really nice place, I went to school in Wimbledon which is just down the road and live in Wandsworth which isn't far away, so i'm very familiar with it. You're right about it being much nicer than Central London. My girlfriend is a country lass and dosn't like all the people in Central London but feels happy and safe in Kingston! One of my brother's friends starts Kingston Uni this year doing a computer Science degree. In my opinion doing something like Computing in an old Poly uni is better than in a redbrick because its what they're used to. My brother says Kingston uni is very impressive and has great computing utilities. Makes me wish I had stuck with computing. I decided to pick Classics at the last minute and went to Royal Holloway, but entering my third year, I don't really have any regrets.
    Anyway, if you do choose this uni, the course sounds great! and the Uni is great!
    Good luck!

3. Huggamonsta!

Huggamonsta! Sugar & Spice and Everything Hugs

Just been to Southampton today looking at the uni! Wow.. thats all i can say

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds