Case Modding And You!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Nov 8, 2005.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

For those of you like me,who have bought a nice high end case that look good but just dont provide the best cooling,and to those who dont have a fan port on the side of the case,and your wondering if it makes a difference.Heres what i did,and i have positive results....I have a RAIDMAX 901-XE a very nice looking case that has 120mm intake fan in the front,and a 120mm fan in the rear.Its a case i didnt want to chop and cut to add fans,But i figured WHAT THE HELL!! either i do this and hopefulls it works and knocks my temps down,or i fry the system eventually sence i am overclocking...Id rather ruin a case then destroy the whole system...So i grew some cahones,and broke out the mini hack saw and drill,and got to cutting this $150 case(wish i had before and after pics of the modding) BUT i do have some speed fan results,and here they are...THESE TEMPS ARE WITH THE SYSTEM AT IDLE 5 MINUTES AFTER BOOT LOAD...

before.
    [​IMG]

after.
    [​IMG]

In my conclusion:
    Now i know its not fancy water cooling,or huge heat sinks.BUT sometimes its the small things that get you where u need to be..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Very nice lowering of temps BBO, do you have any pics of how the case looks now after the mod?

3. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

will have pics tomorrow,check then if your intrested still...

4. Killasheep

Killasheep Private E-2

Thats one hell of an overclock on the CPU - Take a pic of the internals too mate

Good Work!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Still interested in piccys :)

sorry been away on work for a few days to reply!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds