XP recovery in dual boot with Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gswiss, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Gswiss

Gswiss Private E-2

I succeeded in creating a dual boot environment with Vista on C: and XP-SP1 on D:

After having backed up XP on a DVD with Acronis True Image, I tried a recovery process, i.e., restoring XP to its original place alongside Vista. When I now go through the dual boot process at pc startup and select XP, I get a message stating that Windows could not boot. It displays "/ntldr", status : 0xc0000225, Info : cannot load selected entry due to missing or corrupt application. There is no problem booting into Vista at startup.

I tried a bootcfg with the XP cd but that did not help. I even copied from C: to D: the BOOT file along with bootmgr, boot.ini, ntdetect.com and ntldr to no avail.

Is there something to be done with EasyBCD?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds