Importing Windows Media Player 10 data into WMP 11 Vista, or Rollback to WMP 10?

Discussion in 'Software' started by RACre8, Oct 30, 2007.

1. RACre8

RACre8 Private E-2

I just bought a Vista computer that comes with Windows Media Player 11. I want to return to WMP 10 because I still have the data files for it, back when I used it for playlists and where I revised file names in XP. Is rolling back to WMP 10 possible?

I've read that I can't do this because WMP 10 is not compatible with Vista. Is there another solution? The reason I want to get back WMP 10 is b/c I have 10,000+ music files, and I only sync about 6,000 into my MP3 player. My old WMP 10 has the chosen 6,000 files, along with playlists and customized (changed) titles. I don't want to have to go through 10,000 songs again, so I'd like to import that file into WMP 11 (if it's possible, can someone tell me how?), OR, I'd like to go back to WMP 10 (would that solve my issue nby allowing me to import the WMP10 data again?)

Thanks.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds