CCleaner help please?

Discussion in 'Software' started by WoofieLTD, Jun 15, 2012.

1. WoofieLTD

WoofieLTD Private E-2

Hi I just downloaded CCleaner and because I needed to uninstall Amazing Photo Editor. So I went to "tools" and selected Amazing Photo Editor, and instead of clicking "run uninstall" i accidently clicked "delete title". Its not off my computer, just off the list of programs. How do I get the Title of Amazing Photo Editor back on the list so that I can uninstall it?

Thanks!

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't think you can get it back on the list.

I'm not certain where CCleaner gets its list. If Amazing Photo Editor isn't in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs then you could go to C:\Program Files folder and see if you have a folder for that program and look to see if there is an uninstaller in the folder which you could run.

If no such uninstaller you could try Revo uninstaller (but again I'm not sure if it gets its list from Windows or populates itself).

3. WoofieLTD

WoofieLTD Private E-2

I think CCleaner gets its list from my control panel, because now Amazing Photo Editor isnt in that list either...

Where would I find my Program Files folder?

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It should just be one of the folders in the root of your Windows drive.

So Go to My Computer then C: drive and you should see Program Files. Then look for the Amazing folder or it could be the name of the company that produces that program.

5. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

6. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Assuming that you're using a 32 bit OS, open the Run box (Windows key + R) and paste in:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Amazing Photo Editor\unwise.exe

Press OK and the uninstaller will run.

7. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

IObit Uninstaller is similar to Revo Uninstaller in that it First runs the "built-in" uninstaller.
    It should also do this with Forced Uninstall, provided it can find that uninstaller.

That is the same as running the unwise.exe OR using Add or Remove Programs.

The advantage of using IObit Uninstaller, or Revo, is that it has the Option to scan for leftover registry entries and files.

IMHO, the best bet is to use IObit Forced Uninstall if the program is Not listed, and then use the Scan.

I can not say if IObit is as Safe as Revo.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds