Submitting softwares

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Aimee Wilbury, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

In my bookmarks, I have a folder where I bookmark a bunch of freeware programs I use. I'd like to donate the entire folder to MG, but some of the softwares I found on the site, and I don't really feel like sorting them, so it might be a bit mixed up.

I would send it as an HTML file.

Can I do this, and if so, where and how should I send it?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Aimee

If they are good quality freewares that we already dont have here then yes either Tim or Jim @majorgeeks is good, but to be honest I would narrow the list down to ones you really like and think are "must have" applications as they are both massively busy with the main Majorgeeks site and forum to look through a huge list, so I wouldnt want your suggestions forgotten about, so if you dont feel like sorting them they certianly wont.

I tend to just now and again with a great app or two I found email one of them with the suggestion to add to the list, not all make it but some do.

Wow.. you really are mixing in with the site well, good for you :)

3. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

Thanks, I'll sort out my list.

I also have some installers for old programs that went off the internet and can't be found anymore (at least not without googling or getting from dodgy sites), would it be okay to donate those too?

4. DavidGP

Hi Aimee

If they freeware and we dont have them listed already maybe as some could be useful, but do bare in mind that as Windows has moved on, so have many users so applications that wont work in XP or Vista are not as popular these days.

Also dont send too much to Tim or Jim, just what you would deem as "I must have" or "I Cannot live without" applications, woudl also leave it until back end of next week as being a holiday weekend, they likely to be busy with family things.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Then again..you could start a thread in the lounge listing your idea of "must have software" and let others comment on it. :)

6. DavidGP

Good idea TimW, forgot we had a thread like that in the past, good idea.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds