spell check

Discussion in 'Software' started by laurieB, Jun 24, 2004.

1. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

dumb question 5.....why isnt it possible to keep the spell check in the tool box ALL the time? or is there a way to do this? its the one 'tool' i really need!!! aloha laurie

2. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Not really sure about your request, but you spelled that post rather well. :)

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

thanx endiablo. ill give that a try.

5. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

thanx max ill try that too. gott i downlowded or rather 'linked' to spellcheck and although it will be usefull, it will only help if i KNOW im spelling a word wrong. so im gonna try this too. (cant have too many checkers lol) thanx both of you and aloha from the rainbow isle

7. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i downloaded the spell check from MG but it doesnt appear to work! a box appears that sez 'spell ckeck complete' but doesnt show the mstakes.what am i doing wrong?

8. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Select the ieSpell options and verify that these are correct - see attached. Also check the dictionary that ieSpell is using.

Attached Files:

9. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

did thatt butt itt dusnt wurk.just spell cheq compleet lol

10. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Did you reboot?
    What OS and browser are you using?

You could try submitting a bug report at http://www.iespell.com/

11. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

yes i rebooted. i dont know what OS is but im using internet explorer and yahoo if thats what you mean
    this is the second time ive typed this as well. and one of my other posts 'disappeard' shortly after i wrote it. i tried rebooting to yesterday and downloading it again. butt its still not working. i have a bar saying 'hotkey keyboard' that has appeared on my botton task bar but i dont know what its for or where it came from. are these problems related?

12. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

the spellchek dudnt wurk. oh deer wot a palava

13. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

just posted a message on iespell to tell them it doesnt work and it did on there site, and it did work on that message. but it wont work here. why not.? i redownloaded it, checked again for viruses and spywhere.????? :(

14. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

curiouser and curiouser. just posted a message on the lounge and it checked the spelling in the title box (didnt like 'kodo') but not the message box. weird or what. perhaps you just CANT use it to check the spelling of these posts ????

15. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Are able to right-click in the text area where you wish the spelling to be checked and select the Check Spelling option?

OS = Operating System, e.g., Windows XP - which one?
    Browser = Internet Explorer - which version? - see Help/About...

Just had a thought, do you have a check spelling option in Outlook Express, or have MS Works or MS Office? Thinking that there isn't a dictionary for ieSpell to look-up.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  16. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

windows XP home. internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633.
    if i right click, the spell check option comes up. if i click it a box immediately appears saying 'spell check complete' when i downloaded it the second time i got a icon in my tool bar that does the same thing
    why would it work in the title box and not the answer box?
    MS works was pre-installed, i then added MS Office 2000

17. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

ps. thanx and aloha

18. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

bumped. (still looking for an explination)

19. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

well i discovered that the iespellcheck works everywhere (so far) EXEPT MG. i have written to them and was awaiting a reply. this morning the message box has changed from pale green to white and lo and behold the spell check works now. any explinations?? aloha

20. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

well i discovered that the iespellcheck works everywhere (so far) EXCEPT MG. i have written to them and was awaiting a reply. this morning the message box has changed from pale green to white and lo and behold the spell check works now. any explanations?? aloha

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds