Disc drive not reading after restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DTS, Apr 22, 2006.

1. DTS

DTS Private E-2

I've been having this problem where, after I restart my computer, my disc drive doesn't read discs that are already in the drive. It's like it doesn't auto-detect discs after a restart. To make the drive read a disc that is already inserted I have to open and close the tray to initiate the detection process.

The drive in question is a Toshiba CDW/DVD SD-R1612. I've tried searching for proper drivers for it but I can't seem to find any official drivers on Toshiba's website.

Does anyone know where I could find a driver, or how I could manually go about fixing this problem?

Thank you

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

See if the auot repair wizard will do it for you..................that's if you have XP.

3. DTS

DTS Private E-2

I tried the auto-repair wizard and it couldn't find a problem, unfortunately.

4. asturnacle

asturnacle Private E-2

dts;

what u refer to is rather common as I understand it. If the bios is set to boot from the cd it may look at the cd drive and try to run it however in most cases the cd drive is and most of the time should not be the primary boot device in the bios.
    I maybe wrong but u may have to open the drive and close it to get the os to look and then run autostart on the disk or prompt u for what u would like done.

u might try if u need to look for a software driver.
    the following;

www.driverguide.com

it takes a bit to wade thru the process but they may have what u are looking for in the way of a driver.

hope this helps
    asturnacle

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds