Problem Posting in thread with Vista here

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Oct 18, 2008.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

The issue is with the http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38105 I can't access the thread by clicking on last page, IE7 tells me 404 though if I just enter it, I can get to the last page but then Vista locks up when I try to post. I don't seem to have problems with other threads, just this one.

Can some kind Vista soul try accessing this thread using the 'last page' option? BTW, this is a brand new install so I don't think it's me but then who knows eh? Thanks for any response.:)

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

edit: I can see last page just fine

3. augiedoggie

Oh, OK. I didn't realize you had Vista. Oh well, time for some digging.:cry

4. Kestrel13!

:( hope you sort it all out

5. Remoc

Remoc Private E-2

I'm running XP SP3 and Can't access, using the Last Page Tab. Says IE can't Display the Webpage.

Might not be a Vista problem Augie.

6. augiedoggie

Yup, same message I got, maybe it's an IE7 thing?:confused Hmm, works fine in IE6/XP.

7. Kestrel13!

could well be as i'm on the FF and had no issues

8. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

It's been that way for maybe a year now, think due to the number of posts in the thread or something. Reported it a long time ago and guessing it's a fluke and not worth the time tracking it down to fix. I had the same thing on XP SP2 so not Vista.

9. augiedoggie

Ya Cat, I was thinking the same thing of the thread length. Has to be the longest around! Well, I'll get around soon to installing FF on Vista. Thanks for the help folks!:)

10. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

11. Cat_w_9_lives

In order to reproduce this glitch you have be be logged out of MG's and use IE7 and click "Last Page" does not happen when logged into MGs if I recall right. Just tested it, glitch is there but since it's the only available glitch on MGs I'm kinda fond of it now :)

Yep, works on IE7 when logged in to MG's, nice to know I'm not going senile *grins*

12. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Well....that explains it.....never logged out and don't use IE......I need a life....:cry

13. Cat_w_9_lives

You have a life *smiles* keeping us out of trouble in Software, how did you sneak out of Malware again? Chas will be looking around soon :p

14. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

15. Cat_w_9_lives

Thanks Plodr, mystery solved... but now wonder why only happens when logged out of MG's

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I think the 83 pages exist, just perhaps some admins have 'deleted' some posts?

Link works for me using Vista and Opera. I won't try logging out. They would probably lock the door and not let me back in! :-D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  17. Cat_w_9_lives

You have to logout to get my pet glitch to work ;) Since it's amusing us all, MA will let you back in to play with it I'm sure:p

18. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Works just fine for me while logged out.

Oh, you have to use IE7? No Thanks. I refuse to use it for anything but downloading another browser and Window's updates! ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  19. augiedoggie

Doesn't work for me with IE7 even logged in, I was trying to post ATT ;), Just loaded up FF in Vista and all is fine. I'm not going to :banghead about this.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds