Slow laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by diablosflylady, Jul 26, 2005.

1. diablosflylady

diablosflylady Private E-2

My friend has a small problem and I was wondering if anyone could help. He has a docking station for his laptop at home and when he puts his laptop on it it slows down drastically, yet when taken off the dock and hooked directly to the line it's fast. Could there be a problem with the docking station? The exact same make and model of docking station is used at his place of work and it works fine there.

I don't know the make or model of either the laptop or the docking station although I suspect they are Dell products as that is who his company buys it's computer products from. I can find out later tonight if it's important.

Thanks in advance for any response.

:(

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Yep, it is probably the docking station. I suggest that he takes his laptop to work and tries it on the work docking station, if they will allow it. Alternatively, borrow the docking station from work (if they will allow it) and try it at home with his laptop. Either way it will soon prove whether his home docking station is OK, or not. Bazza

===

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

D3m3nt3d, that's a better idea than mine.:cool:
    My Gateway docking station doesn't use any associated software (that I can remember),:confused: so that is why I suggested swopping docking stations.
    If your idea doesn't work, then I suggest that swopping docking stations is the next step. ;) Bazza
    ===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds