Battlefield 2 Graphics Related

Discussion in 'Software' started by JakeyC, Oct 23, 2006.

1. JakeyC

JakeyC Private E-2

Hi everyone i recently upgraded my Graphics card to a nvidia 6800xt, and my psu to an antec 500w. I have so far played, Counterstrike Source on full settings, and it ran more than perfect fantastic grpahics, played call of duty 2, full settings, ran just the same no problems. Installed bf2 and put it on lowest settings and its still weirdly laggy and choppy. I put the graphics on high settings and yes it still lagged, but IMO the graphics were not on high at all:confused: any ideas? should i patch the game?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yea, make sure you update it because in the early stages of BF2 there was a bad memory leak which caused some serious problems. could also be a RAM problem; how much RAM do u have? id play BF2 with no less than 1gig

3. JakeyC

JakeyC Private E-2

yea lol just been doing my own research and found that i should really get more ram, im running on only 512, but failed to see that it would be crap for bf2 as counter strike source was really good! so am shortly going to order another 512, and then another 1gb stick to get myself up to a total of 2gb. Thanks for reply mate, also what tpye of fps increasement would i expect to see in source with addind another 512? or would i not really notice it on a game that runs fine without the extra 512

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

faster load times and less/no choppiness (sudden FPS drops, unresponsiveness etc; basically the lag u were talking about) Overall system performance should improve noticeably too

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds