FEAR problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by spawndemon0, Feb 25, 2007.

1. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

Im havin a problem w/ FEAR.I was able to install it perfectly.Drivers are up to date.Yet every time i click the desktop icon i get an hourglass then a little spinnin CD then a black screen with an hourglass and then my desktop with a MS error message.(I have no patches installed)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/Minimick666/PROBLEMWITHFEAR-1.jpg
    wait thats just part 1
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/Minimick666/PROBLEMWITHFEAR-1.jpg
    and theres part 2 of the error message

plz if u know how to fix this problem tell me

2. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

exact thing happened to me with games when I was on a system with inefficient VGA and RAM. FEAR is a really heavy game. What are your specs?

3. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

lanparty UT nf3 250 GB mobo
    AMD athalon 3000+ processor
    XFX 6600 GT 128 MB video card 580/1.15
    1 GB kingston value ramm
    36 GB hard drive 10000 RPM
    250 GB hard drive 7200 RPM
    thermaltake 480 watt silent pure power:major :major

4. spawndemon0

spawndemon0 Corporal

Re: FEAR problem-SOLVED!! now is it HDR capable?

solved the problem.It was the EAX.dll file.It was corrupt so it had to be replaced.So got a NEWER version of the file and it works like a charm.Now the only thing is to see if HDR is capable on FEAR.Does anyone know if it is or how to?:major :major confused confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds