Windows Corrupt Folder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Iceburg, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

I have a Windows 2000 server that my backups are failing because of a folder, so when I went to view the folder it said that I can not open it because the folder is corrupt.

I am logged in as admin, its not a permissions issue. I have a backup that I can restore from a week or so ago before it started failing.

Is there a 2rd party app that someone knows about that will allow me to delete this folder since windows is not allowing me to?

2. XSwiftX

XSwiftX Private E-2

Being admin doesn't give you permission over system protected files and folders. You should still have to change the permission so admin can delete the folder.

Someone else might know more on exactly how to do this.

3. Iceburg

One again, its not a permissions issue. I have checked. I know how to do this.

Attached Files:

4. Iceburg

Humm, since it is a server and its mid-day I would/can't restart to delete it. That would have been helpful. If no one else has an idea then I can run this.

5. Iceburg

One more thing to note.... I can't get Exclusive access to the disk to do a mid-day chkdisk.

6. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

7. Iceburg

While everyone as at lunch I set a check disk to run on reboot, and I restarted. I am working remotly and am still waiting for the server to respond to pings. I am assuming it could take a while since it is a 20+ GB drive. I haven't although used the /f command. What is that? Fix Error?

8. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

If you want to use CHKDSK to fix disk errors, use the /F switch. If you do not use the /F switch, CHKDSK alerts you with a message if a file needs to be fixed but does not fix the errors.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds