video size after edit

Discussion in 'Software' started by psykojojo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

hey whats up guys, i upload alot of MMA fights (mixed martial arts) onto my page at http://www.dailymotion.com/psykojojo for my friends and myself. I download events, edit (chop) them with virtual dub which outputs to AVI and use Superv2006 to convert them if i need to. anyways lately ill download a video thats a certain size, chop it and when its done its F'ing HUGE!

EXAMPLE: ill usually download an event that comes in 4 parts each at 250mb (just an example number). ill want 1 fight from one part so i edit it, say i only need about half of that file, so it should be around 125mb when done right? it ends up being like 9GB....WTF. dailymotion only allows

i really need help guys, ima noob. my friend showed me how to do this stuff so i went to him with this and he doesnt understand it either

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

I use virtual dub mod but virtual dub is very similar. After you edit the movie and are ready to save use Save As function and after entering a name for the segment; at the bottom of the window in the Video Mode box choose Direct Stream Copy. Using the default Full Processing is what gives you the huge file and is not necessary for just deleting parts of a movie.

You can also select Direct Stream copy under the Video tab but I usually do it just before saving. :)

3. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

thanks alot man

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds