dlink 655 and bigpond usb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tr00pertj, May 20, 2010.

1. tr00pertj

tr00pertj Private E-2

Hey peoples

I have a problem, I`ve got a bigpond elite usb modem and a Dlink DGL-4500 wifi router. Now the poblem is I was assurred that the modem would work in the usb port on the router by the people who sold the modem to me but I it just does`nt work. My vodafone usb modem worked ok?

The support from bigpond tell me they dont deal with third party routers and to direct me to a third party network company (gizmo). Now gizmo want my credit card number upfrount and I aint goin there.

Has anyone got the same or similar setup/problem?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Can you connect the router to the modem via a network cable rather than by USB?

3. tr00pertj

tr00pertj Private E-2

I should also point out that the usb modem is a wireless broadband modem.

No I cant, Well bigpond do offer a router that will take the usb modem and basically turn it in to a cable modem with ethernet out but that means more money and more power points and devices that are not really needed as far as I can tell. It was working with the old vodafone usb modem plugged stright in to the usb port on the router and configured to use the usb port as an internet conection. The strange thing is there is also an option for bigpond and telstra in the config page. oh well I may have to get that router from big pond but first I`ll do some more digging:)

Last edited: May 21, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds