Using 9-pin matrix printer, cpu usage 100%

Discussion in 'Software' started by augiedoggie, Dec 31, 2002.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I have a Roland PR-9101. Driver used is XP's IBM proprinter 11. Any way to reduce CPU consumption?

Processes use 162 Mb, and Idle process only shows 20 KB. PF usage is 150 MB. Do not see spooler in processes. Box runs slow whenever I print and use something as basic as Task Manager. Took about 10 secs to load! Printer takes all resources. Any idea where the rest of my RAM went to?

I know this printer is outdated, however, it does what I need. Anything fancy, like colour, I send to a shop.

Much cheaper for me than buying a printer that I would have to worry about cartridges drying out on me, and you know how much they cost!

Thanks,

augie

BTW All drivers are up to date, and with SP1.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  2. mal1930

mal1930 Private First Class

HI, I can't help you but just wanted to say you are not alone as I use an old dot matrix printer too. Like you the usage does not make changing worthwhile and the text is still good. Peace Mal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds