Dumping Cash, er cache, Can't see new website, goes to old one, help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by nomotrees, Feb 21, 2005.

1. nomotrees

nomotrees Private E-2

:( Bear with me here fellas.. I have more aptitude traveling 70MPH down a freshly groomed trail than I do here on a computer website.. but I am at my wits end and need a little help.

Pentium 3, running ME (Don't shoot me please...) The machine will make a nice anchor I know, but I need to get another month or so out of it, at least until the snow melts (and the tax return comes in).

Anyway... I have a website www.macombbar.org that is currently under construction. I tried to access it from this home computer of mine and it will only show me my old website w/same address. One tech friend said it is a cash problem... I told her "of course it is if I had some I'd have a new machine".... then she spelled it... cache... oh!... I've heard the term...
    Anyway I took her advice and deleted all history, temp files and cookies. (GirlScout Thin Mints only last a day or two around here anyway). Still have the same problem, when I type in www.macombbar.org and even when I refresh, the old website comes up. Now, you can't see that old website cuz its not really on the web, it is in my machine and I have no clue how to get it out of there so I can get to my new website.

Any clues anyone?

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

You might try deleting your temp. files in IE, as that would enable your browser to search for a fresh page of the site that you are connecting to. I'm sure that there are more members with better answers than this, and that some will join in. :)

3. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Download and Run CCleaner

Note: Only run the first 2 scans only!

To Flush DNS Cache, do this:

Go to Start > Run > enter command > OK

Then, type: ipconfig /flushdns & hit ENTER

See if that helps. Let me know!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds