Windows XP Safe Mode wont Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by RoyalGeek1, Feb 9, 2009.

1. RoyalGeek1

RoyalGeek1 Private E-2

I don't know when it happened, but I started getting a constant request to reboot from CA Security Suite after an update. It returns everytime I reboot. I checked with CA Support, and the Tech wanted me to boot in Safe Mode with Networking. The process gets to a certain point, and then reboots itself having never gone into Safe Mode.

I have since done a Windows Repair from the CD. I even performed the process offered by reimage.com that is supposed to fix all Windows problems to no avail. I have just completed the Windows XP Cleaning Procedure from this site, and the situation remains the same. Although I like the free tools to maintain my PC, I still would like to be able to boot in Safe Mode.

Can anyone help me?

2. eyalp

eyalp Private E-2

What is the exact file which hangs while waiting on safe-mode bootup?

3. RoyalGeek1

RoyalGeek1 Private E-2

The list of files on the screen hangs with kmxstart.sys as the last entry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds