realtek audio startup failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by alysher, Oct 13, 2010.

1. alysher

alysher Private E-2

I've got an odd problem with my emachine m6810 laptop. Sometimes when i turn on my computer Parts of my audio dont load right. I get the volume control panel, but instead of all of my parts(master, wave, ect,) i only get 3 things...wave, sw synth, and cd player. the rest of my panel doesnt load and i have no sound. When i get this problem i can Normally shutdown the computer(a restart wont work for this) and then turn it back on, and the problem disappears.

my issue now is that ive done my shutdown-startup routine 3 times in a row this past time to no avail. any one got any ideas on what to do next.

it also goes with out saying that the drivers are installed properly and that a reinstall doesnt fix the issue....and yes ive tried several times in the past.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, alysher.

I assume you're running XP?

Don't know if you've done this yet: try reinstalling your chipset drivers, and then your audio drivers - sometimes, reinstalling both drivers clears up weird audio problems.

3. alysher

alysher Private E-2

Caliban, yes i am running xp(my bad for not specifying) and why would reinstalling the chipset drivers fix an audio problem? not that i wont try it the next time my audio issue happens, cause i turned the computer on this afternoon and i had sound again...

one other thing, i get my audio problem when the laptop is cool(approx 50 to 75 degrees) not when its hot(any thing over 80 degrees...i think) would that have anything to do with it?

4. Caliban

Because the chipset controls everything, especially so in portable motherboards, and especially when there are no discrete components doing the specific jobs required (sound and video cards, etc.).
    And, more importantly, because it's worked in the past. ;)

That sounds hardware - temperature, failing components, cold solder joint, loose connection, etc. Check your fans, both physically and in BIOS or some monitoring software.
    If the problem reoccurs, check your Event Viewer, see if anything stands out.

5. alysher

alysher Private E-2

thanks man, the ideas are helpful. next time i have my audio fail on me ill reinstall the chipset drivers and see if a regular reboot solves my issue. having a hardware issue on a laptop wouldnt be very good.....

6. Caliban

No problem - keep us posted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds